Placenta Print Art
The placenta is an amazing organ that gave your baby life for the 9 or so months that s/he lived inside of your body. Most often this organ is discarded as medical waste with a total disregard for it's important work. Instead of tossing it, how can you honor the birth of your baby and maximize the use of the “tree of life?” Placenta art may be one of the last things that pop into your head, but there are a number of reasons why to consider having your baby's placenta printed:
- These unique works of art commemorate one of life’s most treasured moments.
- It restores the ancient tradition of honoring and having gratitude toward the placenta’s purpose. For hundreds of years, some cultures have buried the placenta as a way to honor the life and connect the baby back to the earth.
- It is a lasting depiction of the conduit between mother and baby and holds a memory of the pregnancy.
- It can serve the purpose of nursery décor and also be a fantastic conversation piece.
- It is a relatively easy and inexpensive add-on service to encapsulation or as a stand alone service.
These prints can be displayed on a wall or kept with baby’s other precious mementos. Whatever you choose to do with your prints, know that it is a lasting way to celebrate the birth of your baby.
Contact us to discuss whether placenta prints are right for you!