Postpartum Doulas Support Baltimore Families
Having a new baby can be a very challenging time for some mothers and their families. Mom may be healing from surgery or a difficult birth. Dad or partner may not be able to take any time off work, or maybe he travels a lot. Some families don’t live in the same area as their extended family, so they may have minimal family support. Perhaps they have other young children that need tending to while mom is healing. Maybe they just need help stocking the empty fridge.
Many families are finding comfort and support through postpartum doulas. While a birth doula supports families emotionally and physically during labor and delivery, a postpartum doula supports families after their baby arrives. Postpartum doulas support Baltimore families in a variety of ways. Their tasks may vary depending on the family’s needs, but ultimately the doula will help ease the family’s transition with baby, and help keep their home afloat while they recover from birth and bond with their growing family.
Postpartum doulas help families with light housekeeping, meal prep, sibling care, overnight support, errand running, and more. Just imagine…
- crawling into a bed with freshly changed sheets to nurse and nap with your new baby.
- waking up from your nap to a warm, nutritious lunch and a clean kitchen.
- a walked and fed dog.
- a happy toddler who is fed and playing happily.
- a stocked fridge and picked-up dry-cleaning hanging in the closet.
- that nursery furniture you never got around to putting together is now assembled and in its perfect place.
- nursing your baby and out of nowhere appears a glass of lemon water and a healthy snack.
- being frustrated with breastfeeding and receiving accurate information and troubleshooting tips, as well as a referral to the best IBCLCs in the area, who we have personally vetted.
- having help learning how to use that nifty new baby carrier.
- having clean and folded laundry for your entire family.
- having a nap or taking a hot soak in the tub while your doula lovingly takes care of your sweet new baby and children.
We can do all of that. We can take care of you.
By offering non-judgmental support, families feel safe asking questions related to breastfeeding, baby care, and postpartum wellness. Mothers and families feel secure knowing they can take the deserved time to rest and bond with baby while their doula keeps their home running smoothly. Our postpartum doulas support Baltimore families with passion, compassion, and expertise.